To apply, please send position name, resume, and all other related materials to email@example.com.
Interested in life-saving, mission based, meaningful work in the veterinary field? Northwest Spay and Neuter Center is Washington State's highest volume spay/neuter clinic. Come join our team!
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for daily care of all surgical patients, client services and education, collaboration with shift veterinary assistants, kennel assistants and veterinary volunteers, and assist doctors and technicians with surgical and anesthetic procedures.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supervise shift veterinary and kennel assistants
- Triage patients as they are checked in and report health concerns to attending veterinarian
- Assist veterinarians in surgery as needed
- Calculate and administer anesthesia to all surgical patients per anesthetic protocol
- Accurately maintain all necessary anesthesia and patient records, and drug logs
- Administer animal treatments as directed and supervise Veterinary Assistants in administering treatments
- Shift liaison between medical staff and front desk staff
- Participate on committees and special projects as assigned
- Provide in person and telephone client service
- Actively promote spay and neuter, and educate clients on responsible animal ownership
- Actively support associate staff and volunteers; promote the development of skills related to the advancement of our goals and mission.
- Stay current in knowledge of emergency drugs and protocols
- Other tasks as they may arise or assigned
- Assist in medical supply inventory as needed
- Current Washington State Veterinary Technician License in good standing
- Minimum 1 year experience working as a Licensed Veterinary Technician
- Be self-directed as well as a collaborative team player
- Experience supervising staff and/or volunteers
- High comfort level handling animals in an animal hospital setting
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Multi-task projects with demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Sensitive to people of different cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Be physically able to lift 50 pounds
Job will begin at 7am and be within M-F and also include the opportunity to cover relief shifts. Exact schedule TBD upon interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Veterinary Technician: 1 year (Required)
- Veterinary Technician (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off