Animal Shuttle Service for pets being altered at our clinic now being added at locations near you!
Find out more on our Animal Shuttle page.
We simply could not do what we do without the generous support of our volunteers! They are vital to our mission and to achieve our goal of ending euthanasia of healthy, adoptable animals. We are always looking to add to our volunteer team! Do you have time to dedicate to our cause? All volunteers must be 18 years or older and must pass a Washington State Patrol background check (Please see our volunteer program information below for restrictions). We also ask a minimum commitment of six hours per month.
Northwest Spay & Neuter Center volunteer Christina gets extra snuggle time with Ninja Bob as one of the volunteer perks!
If you are interested in helping us reduce animal overpopulation, check out details about our Volunteer Opportunities and fill out our online Volunteer Application.
Please contact email@example.com with questions or to RSVP.
>> back to top
Current Volunteer Login
- What is Northwest Spay & Neuter Center’s mission statement?
- To promote and provide affordable, high-quality spay and neuter services for cats and dogs in an effort to stop the killing of animals due to overpopulation.
- Are you affiliated with The Humane Society?
- No. We share the goal of a country free of homeless pets with the Humane Society, and we perform spay and neuter surgeries for the Humane Society for Tacoma and Pierce County, but we are not directly affiliated with them.
- Will you provide training for volunteers?
- Yes. We will provide training in all areas. Volunteers will move up in the tier system based on approval from our Volunteer Coordinator and clinic need. Volunteers may also choose to remain in their current position if preferred.
- What jobs and tasks can volunteers help with?
- There are a variety of areas we need volunteers in, including front office and kennel help. You may be responsible for anything from copying and opening supplies to kennel cleaning and doing paperwork. It all depends on what and how much you want to do. Rest assured any task you perform for us is essential to our daily operation, and we could not do what we do without the help of people like you. Learn more about our Volunteer Opportunities. Please be sure to dress appropriately for whichever area you choose to volunteer in!
Outreach team meets at 10:30am on the second Saturday of each month and works until done. Meet at clinic and go from there.
>> back to top